[BBPRO] Weaver League International (1997-??)
Full League Name/Initials: Weaver League International (Weaver)
Main URL: http://www.weaverball.com
Reports URL: http://www.weaverball.com/HTML/rptidx.htm
Boards URL: http://www.weaverball.com/forums/index.php
Commish Email Address: commish -a|t- weaverball c@m
Sim Engine: BBPro '98
Game Needed: No
Players: Fictional (was modern, but all active MLB players aged out)
# of Teams: 24, 4 6-team divisions, fully balanced schedule, no wild card.
Sim Schedule: 2x / week, Wednesday and weekend
League Time Per Sim: 1 week
First Season: 1997 (calendar year 1997)
Special Rules and Settings: See Below
Currently Available Teams: Honolulu Volcanos (HON)
Weaver League International, aka Weaverball, has been simming using the BBPro '98 engine since 1997. We've just finished our 41st season and after a long period of owner stability, we've had one team free up: the Honolulu Volcanos.
Special features of the Weaver League include:
- 15+ calendar years / 40+ seasons of continuity with the same sim engine guarantees rich historical depth with consistent stats.
- Passionate owner base with minimal turnover; quite a few owners have been in the league for 10+ years.
- Each franchise gets rights to an "All-Timer," a star player to lead your team based on a single-season from MLB (1901 thru today).
- Hidden potentials: no "can't miss prospects" means you only find out if a player will develop when he actually does.
- Minimum day-to-day maintenance: no finances/salary caps, no writing or forum postcount requirements.
- Simple 1-round Free Agent Draft to encourage parity while still allowing owners to keep most of their homegrown talent.
- http://register.weaverball.com - Full statistical archive plus league history
- http://virtualgm.weaverball.com - Web-based roster/lineup submissions plus dynamic in-season stats
- No need to own / continually upgrade a copy of the game... all you need is a web browser and an email account!
If this sounds interesting to you and you'd like to join, please send me email at commish -a|t- weaverball c@m.
Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon!